How Much You Mean to YOU

My adopted dogs, Maddie and Archie are really the best adopted dogs I could have asked for. When I see them and their excitement to see me, (probably because I am hands-for-treats) I am instantly reminded that I can relax. I can be myself. They love me without reserve. Everyone needs this experience, a knowing that you matter beyond anything you could do or say, dogs or not. Without my beautiful doggy reminders, I still need to mean something to myself.

Though we all would probably agree, we are, as individuals, important on some level. Even if we don’t know it to our cores, most people see that they are relevant, if not in the best of themselves, then in their revenge or victimhood.

I would also beg to believe that no matter how deep this understanding goes for us, some of us are looking for validation, for where we are important, still. We want to know that someone sees us, that we are heard. No matter what you mean to others, I can bet at varying intervals, you’ve had to prove what others have said about you to yourself. And, no matter how much someone tells you this, you may or may not believe it.

This is natural.

We have all looked outside of ourselves for those things we thought that we lacked. Many of us will continue to see the purpose of others as a gauge to how well we are doing, until we don’t.  The stuff or the words disseminated, none of them, determine worth.

As we begin to awaken to our deeper meaning, we feel fuller. Therefore, the stuff and the words are nice when they are, but not determinants. The only determinate is what you mean to you.

Let me say that again, the only determinate is what you mean to you.

Ask yourself the following questions today and throughout the rest of the month. Wake up your sense of worth this month and for the rest of your life.

1. How do I see my worth today? (Rate 1-5, Five being I am wonderfully worthy!)
2. Is it attached to something I have done, am doing, or imagine I will do in the future?
Then, let that go!

It does not have to be any harder than waking up in the morning. You are worthy. As you ask these questions of yourself, not looking for an answer, you will receive one loud and clear. You are a 5! And, not because of anything that you could do.

You can do this! Just be your wonderful self. 

Sat Nam

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga

Learn the Lesson and Then Teach What You Know