"Svadhyaya" Inspired Yoga Class


Searching the corners of every class I take, I look for what I present to the world. This is not just with Yoga, but when pursuing singing, years ago, I found myself looking for my particular style, somewhere to fit or call home. No matter what I find, I find that my style, in every part of my being, is full. Who really could ask for more, but I still have the urges to locate my origin.

While rewriting my resume recently, I pressed myself to come up with a clearer philosophy. I am evolving. My philosophy can not take a backseat to this change, as it must inevitably grow too. I discovered that my philosophy is about "the dance of life". This is not a new idea but rather another piece of the origin puzzle. Though what I am sharing here in this posting is not about dance per se; this is about how another piece of my beginning is revealing itself and how it was discovered in what I already do.

I teach yoga. I practice Thai Massage and present from the heart, body-awareness movement. I entreat students to flow with the breath and think about life, growth and release through asana. This eclectic style is grounded in dance and pranayama and further, as most recently discovered, Svadhyaya, the practice of introspection and personal evolution, maybe too simply stated.

Wow. I never knew and yet it makes so much sense. This pathway is narrow and colossal, and not because I am on it, but... one should dare to walk down it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga