The Kitchen Phone

My aunt called me to the table
The honest truth
On the wooden surface
The truth of my monkey ass
Realizing not what I am worth

I did not want to call her tell her
What was going on cause I knew
I would be picking my heart up
From the linoleum
The brown and white tile
Impression stuck on my arteries

But last night I needed someone
To call it what it was
Stupid for me to believe in things
That are not real
Lies leading to more lies
One monkey vine to the next

So I am happy my heart hurts
Because of the truth
There is nothing like it
Nothing better
Than knowing who you have become
Even when your ass is exposed

And the kitchen with my aunt
The only place
To pick myself up cleaned
From the wood and tile truth
Of an ugly situation.

picture taken from: chiclittlehouse.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music and Yoga

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.