Through the Toe

I don’t know enough about Reflexology, to tell you firmly about the feet, the way I would like to. I think that the feet are fascinating. They aid the body in knowledge that surpasses the mind. They connect to grounding energy like no other part of the body and remind us that we are human beings, while subtly offering us a chance to remember our divinity.

I have recently noticed in myself some holding in my right big toe. I noticed it in deep squats (Malasana and its straight-leg variations); the muscles surrounding the joint felt inflexible. This inaction was keeping me from connecting fully. I got to thinking about reflexology and the relationships from muscle to vital organ; the idea of this tightness in my toe being indication of a weakness in a particular organ.

This is something that I will begin to address for myself with yoga. I will locate asana for myself addressing the stretching of my toes (on both sides of my body) and will see the difference. I will breathe through the asana, through the toe, fill the body and see what appears. I will watch what I eat and how my toe/organ responds. I will journal this. Watch the idea grow out of my practice, toe, organ, self.

This is probably extreme. However, Healing is. This is a way to use the Yoga practice for healing. It is within the body that the answers are written. We just need to locate the Atlas, so we can understand the map.

I would love to help you. I do not diagnosis, but I would be happy to help you address what you are feeling in a holistic and appropriate way for you.

Sat Ra

Namaste

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga