Fall in Love




I want to tell you that I am going to tell you how to find a Soul mate, but what I have to say is more than that. I KNOW, right!!

How do we fall in Love, literally fall into IT? How do we fall in Love in stance and thought…? How do we fall into IT so much so that we become IT? 

I’ve been contemplating this lately as I realize that sometimes this presents a struggle for us because we are not sure what to think, and therefore travel down pathways that lead to an unfolding, manifestations, before we realize we went anywhere at all. Or before we realize we went the long way. We take trips in the other direction, away from Love to see what some thing holds, not maliciously, most of the time, but aimlessly, thoughtlessly. And, then we wonder how we got to the juncture at which we stand.

I just came back from one the other day, a trip that is, when I rushed out of the house after a trying night of events, got to work later than I wanted to, got a call from my son’s nurse that she thought, possibly, the toe he stubbed really hard last night was broken, left work to take him to urgent care where I sat for two hours, so they could X-ray his foot and tell me that it was badly bruised.

Am I ranting yet?

That’s exactly how I felt in my mind all day: “This and then this…Gosh, and this too!” 

I tried to bring myself back to the present moment and did several times. I used the breath—very effective! The very effective breath you have; we all have.  But then I realized that I was already there, that the momentum of rushing and worrying was not going to stop right then. I was too far gone in thought. I was going to have to relax and feel my way to a new place with patience and faith in God’s ability. And yes, God can fix things in a moment, every moment, but how far away did I go to expect God to rectify NOW? If we continue on and on far away, really, how could we even be ready to receive what God has to offer? I knew that I was going to have to enjoy where I was for the time being ‘till I was able to discover myself somewhere new.

Typically, the way I create in the other direction towards Love is to slow down, recognize where I am, let go of the “comfort” of habits (repeated-thought pattern) and fall in.  On the that day, I had not prepared the way sufficiently. And, really, it was not a surprise that I was there when I think about it. I had felt my anxious emotion that morning as I sat. And, the subtleties of it the day before; I felt emotion teetering in small doses, yet I kept on aimlessly, feeding the flame. Rushing, rushing, rushing…

What do you do when you are face to face with yourself acting out of character? I know what I do—


I’ll tell you this: that day, I wanted to scream in the doctor’s office. They were very kind to me though. I am happy that they were compassionate because I was not smiling, when all I could think about was how I was supposed to be somewhere else, and that my son was hurting, and that they were not doing anything quickly. Nothing. They were all AT work.

I'm smiling now though.

 What happened?

I fell in Love again. Seeing a new side of the Self and all that was surrounding me, and expecting the good around the corner was a huge contributing factor.

It started with a text. My husband texted me, “Breathe and be present…” I felt myself melt a little inside. Not because the gesture was not appreciated was the melting little. It was great. It was sweet, and I recognized that. But my gaze, for two days, moved so quickly in all my haste that I could not see all the sweet things that were waiting to fill me up. Still, with that text, while I waited in the doctor’s office, I began to hear IT!

In the car on the way from the doctor’s office, my son said, “If I've learned anything, Mom, it’s that there is good in every situation that seems bad.”

What? My ten-year-old showed me grace, with his pained foot throbbing. I recognized, appreciated, heard IT again!

When I got to work, then home, more observances, more grace. I saw them and felt good about them, more and more good filling me each time.


I noticed the honeysuckle outside, the smell of sweet pureness. And while appreciating this, the breeze swept its precious prana (vital energy) up from the bush, and I felt touched by it. The smell literally filled me. I was grateful, ready to continue the journey to the next wonderful moment that showed me Love all around while I stood falling into IT.

The path is not always clear. But the way is: Fall in Love. See goodness; seek it. 

Which reminds me, if you are looking for love in a mate, practicing genuinely appreciating what you see where you are will surely bring love your way, in many more ways than you can count, with the right person at the right time.


Namaste. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice and encouraging Courtney. Thanks for being a vessel. Love you kid!

Popular posts from this blog

Music and Yoga

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.