All The People Pleasers Stand Up

This blog is for you if you have ever tried to do something so someone else would love you, like you, approve of you, affirm you... This blog is for you if you realized or are realizing that it does not work. I'm with you. 

If you are still reading, we are both standing right now. Not to shame ourselves, but to set things right, to set ourselves free. 

We are standing on our own two feet right now. And in order for us to be doing so, our muscles and bones and mind have to be working in accord. No one else can do that for us. 

So, fellow person who feels like someone else's happiness is more important, I'd like to ask you: Is that person helping you to stand, literally? If not, I want to inquire of us here, then, how could they be more important to the function of our lives? How can their internal guidance system, that is designed for them, be more important than our own?

It's not! 

 

What we think, do, and feel comes from us, individually.

 No one else knows what you need like you, even if it seems they do. 

So what can we do about our tendency to people please? 

All habits can be broken with the proper alignment. All of our tendencies can change if we take the time to realign with the divine pulse of our own spirit. This does not mean disregarding others and their needs. Rather it means, we check in with our own guidance before we agree or do ANY and EVERYTHING. 

Repeat after me: 

"I am standing on my own feet."

"I am exploring what I like and do not like."

"I am listening to my guidance system."

"I am responding because my response is for my highest good, and for all.”

I know, this can be tough. You might say: What if I have children who need me and I don't want to get up in the middle of the night? Think about it, to have your child screaming in need means that you will have to listen, and they may be hurt, which I know we would not want as people pleasers, and you love them...so.... Getting up, though in the moment it may not feel like your highest good, really is. 

Truth is, there are a lot of scenarios like this. Things we tell ourselves that keep us performing rather than living in our authenticity. We can find all kinds of reasons to keep performing as you know, as we have. But using this new moon energy to transform, we can also see that some of the things that we have been agreeing to are NOT for our highest good. Our performance happened out of obligation.  

And if nothing else sticks here, all encouragement and affirmations aside, your only obligation is to your little ones who can't do for themselves and to your mission. Your mission. You are the only one who can do that, and if you are distracted trying to roll someone else's ball, you won't be able to see to get your work done. You'll be too busy waiting for someone outside of you to tell you when or where to go, for them. 

Keep standing on your own two feet. Keep reminding yourself that you have a unique purpose, and keep listening to your internal guide. Your mission matters. 

Happy New Moon! 

Sat Nam. 

Courtney 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga