Half Full? Half Empty? Two more days--






Moving to South Carolina has put me in
Close proximity to nature
Noticing how roots grow
Squirrels bound tree to tree
Scratching upon the beauty
Of a Redwood
Natural canopies
The sound of water Soothing
Here I melt into Earth
Take root
To enjoy some beasts
Dogs some cats
Things I can pet or look at
Through glass
But squirrels
Their rapid movement
Well rodents
Make my toes curl
And not orgasmically
I am afraid
Of their claws and their teeth
Forcing me to consider
I have no idea of their next move
What tree they might wander to next
What branch they might slide down
To me
In South Carolina
When they jump from the branch
Hanging near my balcony
I am sure that one of them
Is not going to respect
The fact that I am human
That I am in charge
Of the makings of this earth
However indirectly
That they are not to fuck with me
When I am sitting on my balcony
Lacking the protection of glass
And the sound of water
Cause maybe then I would be able
To deal
But they don’t care where I sit
Frankly, or stand
Tree sag near my head and balcony
They fly and freeze
Then hyperactivate by
So I see them
And the worst part about seeing them
Besides their teeth and claws
They always stop to look at me
Or maybe it is just one squirrel
That keeps stopping to look at me
I find the shell of his nut on the landing
As I escape my apartment
Hold my hands over my head
Like rain is falling
The nut taken apart in such a way
I am sure he wishes for me to find it
Know that he is here to stay
No matter my propensity
I believe it
I believe he thinks he knows me
Which is even more alarming
When you have lost people you care about
And you believe in reincarnation
What if I am scared of a grandfather
Or aunt
What if I am scared of my own mother
And she only wants to say hi
Let me know that she is looking at me
As she hops
Skillfully from my balcony
Branch to a nearby tree
The sun catching her new body
Shaggy tail and beady eyes
And if this is true
I am happy that she is near
Though I wish God could have allowed me to entertain her in a softer stranger
I would have greatly appreciated the dog
Bushy tail billowing bark
The way it claws
I can not do anything
But run into the house
Shake off the sight
Hope I close the door quick enough
And when I turn around
I am alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga