24 Hours of Yoga

I always thought that I would do asana. Regardless of my meditation or pranayam practices, I always felt that asana was the yoga for me. My asana practice, always fiery, left me rung out and aligned. I still feel most adamantly connected to Hatha yoga specifically, Vinyasa Flow. And, I will continue to provide this for myself as well as for my client base.

Recently, I was finding that the fire I was so used to in my practice was harder and harder for me to accomplish. In order to do an hour practice, I would have to employ many of the pranayam techniques I know, and make use of dristhis (focal points) more often and find Adho Mukah Svanasana (Downdog) as a resting posture verses the transition it was most often. All of these pieces should be made use of during a practice, it is true. I was not concerned by that, I felt my practice taking on a new flare. It was good. No, it was great. I was able to do things I could not do before. I just had to be gentle with myself and find relaxation throughout my hour.

This was not a problem for me, but rather a difference; a difference that caused pause for a healthy, young person. I have discovered that there is a need to pause and thus, my asana has become second to a practice I have been aware of for sometime now, but was not making use of.

During my yoga teacher training, I met a fabulous man. Daniel Orlansky happens to be one of the most profound Kundalini/ Merdian professionals I know, even after meeting many other wonderful teachers. He taught me a healing practice that has now come to be my yoga avenue. It is fiery. It heals the endocrine system, while moving energy throughout the body. It rings me out and further, leaves me aligned.

Every morning, I pillage through kriyas (cleansing practices), adding a new one to my arsenal each day. I am working up to an hour of focused kriya practice. Through this, I am enthused to make use of the knowledge imparted to me over seven years ago and to be able to bring something new to my clients as this practice merges with my already established asana practice.

I’ve realized that there is no distinction. My yoga is evolving with me. As I have need, I deploy the facets that cater to my growth, and because of this, I am reminded that I can do yoga all day. Being blessed with one hour leading to the rest of the 23, if it is offered, my yoga is deeply breathed and enjoyed for myself and for others.

In relationship,

Courtney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga