transitions




It is an amazing time to transition to the next view, the higher sense of the self, the spiritual self. It is inevitable.

This weekend I was introduced to a new name, Sandra Walters. Check her out: http://www.sandrawalter.com/. She held a webinar to discuss emotional clearing and the steps to accomplish this most vital process. This information reminded me of all of the processes that exist in life, all the steps to emotional clearing that guide our beings through transition.
 
My favorite yoga teachers have figured out seamless transitions. They have transfer creative steps, for themselves and their students, in which to travel from pose to pose, thought to thought and finally, to Savasana, where the death of the person that began the yoga class the hour before is actualized and the being becomes anew. Drenched and wrung a spiritual connection is renewed through the body, mind and spirit. The body is reset. The muscles hang off the bone, relaxed. The mind is at ease.

Most people look forward to the last pose of a yoga class. Often when poses get challenging, I transport to a place within myself akin to Savasana. The space between each breath ushers me to the next. However, on occasion when I can not find ujjahi in order to ride the sound of my breath, I find myself rushing to die. I find myself craving the seated poses so that I can lie on my back and melt. It is on those days that my Savasana is not as keen. I feel the twitching of my eyes and the tightness that subsists in various parts of my body/mind/spirit that I fled from as fear crept into the poses and the process as a whole. All is connected. And as this is so, I can not get to my feet before I deal with the head or head before the feet. I have to go through the whole.

But steps one to… are the purging; they are the recognition; they are the binding and building, so the results stick, so Savasana is most rewarding. Practicing walking in and through the fire during my practice when my legs are burning, among all the other things our minds can get caught up in, opens me to experience the essences of transition in such a way that tuning into the processes of emotional clearing is much less scary. Practicing transitioning in and out of poses through my yoga practice makes transitioning in life more accessible.

This process is not always easy. Change is a challenge for the human ego. But practicing is vital, a blossoming of keen awareness. And appreciation of the process and its challenges molds dying, within every facet of the word, into the most beautiful of friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga