May All Positivity Chant On!!

"Ya Devi Sarva Bhuteshu Matru Rupen Sanstitah... Namastasai Namastasyei Namastasei namo namaha."        (I bow to the divine feminine conscious that is within us all, over and over again.)

I have always been nervous about chanting. I am not anymore. I know that we are always saying things over and over again in our heads with intention, and that is chanting. And some of the things we are constantly chanting are unfortunately not that nice. On the other hand, when is there a time that you deliberately entice the divinity within yourself and others? When do you take the time to acknowledge that the love within you is also the love within others? Or that the God that rocks out for you, rocks for both of us in equal strength and power? Do you take time to say things like these, over and over again?

I used to be scared of the idea of chanting because growing up in a Christian household, I thought that this was idol worship. I thought that this meant I was not worshipping God and that I was putting someone or something before my healer and savior, Jesus Christ. This is not so for me. I realize that the all-pervading God and all of the pieces of this vast energy are in all that is love. Chanting the right things brings this into focus. Chanting to the divine in you and the divine that fills everything is the best thing to fill myself/our self with.

It is true that you should chant whatever you would like, that which fills your soul, from Bible verses to affirmations. However, The Sanskrit language, the ancient Indian language of yoga, offers some chants like the one above that vibrate on such high levels that they affect the subconscious mind. Chanting in Sanskrit can change the construction of thought and as you release resistance and allow love to reside, you will find yourself realigned. Many believe that chanting mantra in specific increments of up to 108, an auspicious number, will imprint the deep recesses of the mind. Though I believe this to be true, I also believe filling yourself with positive self-talk as much as possible one of the most healing practices to offer to yourself and others. Everything begins with a word.





Offer yourself the love and compassion that you offer others and offer this as much as possible to yourself and others. Heal yourself with a word. Life is in the power of the tongue, and a healing tongue is the tree of life (Proverbs 15:14/18:21). Then sit in the seat of the soul to enjoy the journey that you have been offered, which is self-realization (Yoga Sutra 1.3). Have fun with this, dear friends, and be kind to yourself in thought and action.








I am available to assist you in enticing the pearls of your yoga practice in as many ways as I can. Contact me at c.rohan.yoga@gmail.com. I look forward to our work/ play in this beautiful time-space reality.

Popular posts from this blog

Music and Yoga

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.