Drop a Busted Pic!






On Facebook recently, one of my friends posted: “Drop a busted picture of yourself.” How cute, I thought. I want to drop one, and then I looked through my photo reel and found none. I realized: I don’t keep the busted pictures. I delete them immediately.


The perfection of a yoga picture, of any picture, is only one interpretation of the whole. The practice is long, or maybe the experience is.  Sometimes, it is hard. And, thank The Divine there are times when the pictures show ease, but the practice is more than all of this. 

The experience of life is more than what we capture in a moment. Yet, as we practice, tooling through a sequence or holding poses to a complete stretch, to union with the spirit, this is perfect, though it might not always look so. 

This is one of the reasons why people practice and share their journey. There is growth through the poses, through your stance each time you go there, and no matter the extent to which they try to share their experience, self-actualized experience is the only way this is to be known. It is not seen in a picture. Just like within life, you may sparkle today, but yesterday, you may not have let your light-connection shine as vibrantly. 

Read more in my upcoming book.... In the meantime, drop a busted pic. on Facebook. Tag me, and I'll drop mine too in response. And, enjoy my shaking morning yoga practice video above. 

Namaste.

Popular posts from this blog

Music and Yoga

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.