4 am

IMG_1007.JPGI’ve never been a morning person until now. Never scheduled classes or anything before 9, if I could help it. But there is something special about the morning, before sunrises, which can not be overlooked. In the darkness of this part of the day, what is seen is bright and available. Before our bunch of thoughts start merging and converging and feet get to stepping, the world and the energies of peace do their thing.


On Monday, I started my first ever donation class at 6:30am in California at the Windsor Yoga Haus. Everything about that statement is new for me. I am binding the habit of telling myself that I am not able to function in the early morning. The easiest way for me to do this is to get up and into the day, in seva, selfless service. Rising to create and harvest unity of body, mind and spirit  instills a purpose. To be able to present an offering at this hour is precious. With the sun rising as class begins, the sky and hearts alight and align; I am moved. We are all moved as we practice, building up our ever present and available peace for the day. This time of morning allows a big space for this in silence.


Watching a TEDtalk about 4am with my husband, he mentioned that he would be getting up at 4 soon. Though I can not say I will be rising with him at that hour, I will be soon to follow. And maybe, one day after 5:30 feels easy, I will find 4:00.


FOUR IN THE MORNING

The hour from night to day.
The hour from side to side.
The hour for those past thirty.

Maybe, I am not past thirty yet?
I’d like to tell you that. 
But, I can’t. 

Still, in the poem’s end, I am certain the author knows the person I used to be who said that a morning person I was not. The author concludes: no one is happy at this hour, except possibly the ants. Maybe it is true. Maybe no one is happy at 4. I can not be certain. I've not seen that time yet, on purpose, but I know 5:30. I know the slight birds, and hint and hope, peace. And, when the day has begun, the sun representing, when I am fully awake and already full, there is no place or feeling that I can imagine enjoying more.

Popular posts from this blog

Once a Blogger, Always a Blogger.

Music and Yoga